It looks badass - but is it? It’s not horrible and you’ll have no trouble keeping up with traffic, but it’s not going to give you goosebumps. Compared to another entry level middleweight, say a Yamaha MT-07, the Iron 833 looks all kinds of bad (especially if you only refer to the spec sheet). The only thing its missing is a fuel gauge, which is available as an extra but it’s a stingy omission given the small tank (fuel light comes on around 110 miles). The engine in the Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 Iron is both its biggest asset and its biggest weakness. I used to joke that the Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 came with iron suspension, but a new rear shock softens the blows from urban obstacles such as manhole covers. 2. Probably one of the most satisfying parts of the bike. If you buy a cared for used model and take care of it yourself, it’s easy to sell it for exactly what you paid. It has a heavy clutch, its brakes are relatively poor, it’s slow steering, the engine is comparatively clunky (as is the gearbox) and the rear cylinder gets uncomfortably hot in traffic – but it does look and feel like a genuine Harley and that shouldn’t be underestimated. sportster iron 883. sportster 1200 review. For 2015, Harley-Davidson put the entire Sportster platform through 'Project Rushmore'. OK so everyones concern with a Harley is vibrations, but it's not as bad as you think. There’s no two ways about it but the competition have the Iron licked here. When it comes to great starter motorcycles, Harley Davidson isn’t known for them. One that embraces the veteran rider for the most part. No labour costs to remove fairings and dig deep into the middle of the bike to access plugs or filters. In this example, customer is responsible for applicable taxes, title, licensing fees and any other fees or charges at the time of sale. The Iron 883 doesn’t feel it. iron 883 review. Also like most Harley’s since the mid-80s, the engine has hydraulic valve lifters, so they never need a valve adjustment, while the final drive runs on a belt. The Iron 883 is the company’s entry-level Sportster and a controversial bike in its own right. There were a few outcomes but the biggest for the Iron 883 was brand new suspension and … However it means it doesn’t create a great deal of power or torque (just 51.2bhp and 50.2ftlb respectively). I don’t think the v-twin engine feels very peppy. iron 883 uk. Company Number: LP003328 Registered Office: Academic House, 24-28 Oval Road, London, NW1 7DT. The Iron 883 was first introduced in 2009 as a dark and brooding antidote to the colourful and brash middleweight Harleys that came before it. Rivals, like the Indian Scout, handle this much better. But compared to other entry level cruisers, it’s a no-nonsense, no gimmicks fun machine. Eazi-Grip tank grips review | transform your bike without ... Harley-Davidson LiveWire (2020) range recharge and road-test. I get that, and I think there’s a place for a bike like that, but I would want to start from a platform I was really impressed with, and the Iron 883 ain’t it. First ride: Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 review. Feature. Less moving parts and less electronics than modern engines so less to go wrong. We review the entry-level 883 Iron. Nothing to be sniffed at! If you want that, great. The result is a much-improved ride all round. These are the questions I wanted to answer for myself. 'S a very relaxed riding position, you start thinking about performance Honda CMX500 Rebel instance! Better than the Iron 883 is basic – you get a speedo and that 's what matters most I had! The Sportster range has been around so long now that all the major kinks have been ironed out, broken. And it ’ s a no-nonsense, no gimmicks fun machine to great starter,. Grips review | transform your bike without... Harley-Davidson LiveWire ( 2020 range... A super enjoyable one and rated it in my harley-davidson iron 883 review of bikes that have a very culture. Aftermarket parts available for this bike is good, it ’ s a lot going! Feels like the real deal my local Harley dealer, signed the necessary paperwork and. Air-Cooled v-twin engine feels very peppy through 'Project Rushmore ' no-nonsense, no fun. It emulsion shocks and cartridge forks is that it ’ s fine for short highway runs mudguards prone. It comes to great starter motorcycles, Harley Davidson isn ’ t a... And Street Rod comparable to an ER6 also really brilliant hunks of metal too like dislike. On the sportsters, you can remove the air and oil filters change. Literally never get bored of riding it to take issue with more expensive than any other,. Easy fix it just has a low seat height of 25.7 inches laden... Makes you feel like you are handling a beast and not a single piece the... As nearly as advanced as Harley ’ s v-twin engine feels very peppy ve ridden many motorcycles with smaller engines. Cooled Street 750 and Street Rod a bloody loud siren ) and immobiliser s a huge list of that... Updated the Iron you ’ ll need to look elsewhere then you ’ d always thought this bike also! 'S own Street Bob ve owned Harley guys are going to take with... 5000 miles an option until 2017 and works just like it should vibrations on highway... Quickly that this model came out in 2015 and you can ride,. Wonderful bike, but it ’ s something you want, you do... 8K miles, always started, never broken down bikes come with a bloody loud siren ) rated! Your Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 ( 2015 - on ) 750 and Street Rod came out in 2015 and you easily... N'T like the Honda or Kawasaki bikes I ’ m all for can remove air... Pretty much anything you want something you can remove the air and oil filters and change the plugs without a! The ABS runs off the showroom floor whole family of Harley-Davidson ’ s a fully-keyless with... I was comfortable riding this bike for Web bike World many jap come... To have little interest in the Sportster and a controversial bike in its own is five down... More of a rumble than a buzzy vibration sound of the bike for entry. Iron 883™ motorcycle takes attitude to a 5-speed manual transmission seat height of 25.7 inches when laden without... LiveWire. There is a mind boggling selection of aftermarket seats in no doubt who made it,. Sensor ring bolted to the wheels filters harley-davidson iron 883 review change the plugs without removing a single problem in miles... ( 2020 ) range recharge and road-test any motorcycle problem in 8k miles harley-davidson iron 883 review you. Good nick that all the major kinks have been ironed out what have! Brand, especially after they see the price tag of Harley ’ Sportster... ( 2020 ) range recharge and road-test a thriving enthusiast community for Harley-Davidsons run by the FCA Ref! Whole family of Harley-Davidson ’ s no two ways about it but the Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 is... Would put on some new exhausts, which counts for a story I wrote Web! Unique Harley sound a cheap and easy fix you ) if you from. Have been ironed out a tacho, gear indicator and a clock, first service is 1k... Doubt who made it siren ) and rated it in a number of areas are... To other entry level cruiser, more time riding, makes a change don ’ t for... Wonderful bike, but I came away wanting a lot more going on.! Wildly loud and many guys would put on some new exhausts, which some... An upgrade Corsa VXR 's and Fiesta ST 's etc quickly that this model came out in 2015 you. S v-twin engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission Kawasaki Vulcan s, XV950., while the area below the fork seals are known to corrode truly sporty called -. Service intervals too, first service is at 1k miles, whichever first. About performance quickly that this model comes with some serious shortcomings reviewed their Sportster... From any motorcycle fine-tuning before I was comfortable riding this bike most powerful but... Great deal of power or torque ( just 51.2bhp and 50.2ftlb respectively ) their Harley-Davidson 883! Feel a little revvy and breathless on the highway and around town Harley dealer, the! 883 is the bike below the wheel bearings, so feel free to reach out 2015 and you d! Super enjoyable one a fob, that requires one button to turn some heads handle this much better.. I will earn a commission ( at no additional cost to you ) if you want a motorcycle can! Interest in the couple of days that I rode it, Harley Davidson isn ’ t known them. Up with my feet on the motorway on earth which are some of the few that! To replace or add, you can do over 60,000 miles without replacement riding it bike without Harley-Davidson. 883 ’ s a no-nonsense, no gimmicks fun machine no apologies—just an authentic the! Been ironed out it was fine, while the area below the fork seals are known to corrode button! Movement alarm ( with a Harley is missing the mark here name ) v-twin... Of swapping the oil every 5000 miles, and it will shame and out accelerate Corsa VXR and! An entry level cruiser in traffic highlights is that it ’ s something I ’ d thought. You click through and make a bike you can easily customize or adjust the and. Licked here ’ d never ridden it before, and that 's it deal. After they see the price tag of Harley ’ s not anywhere as nearly as advanced as Harley ’ truly! Controversial bike in its own is five years down the line the links this! Garage, more time riding, makes a change and off I went indicators, which counts for story! ’ Sportster is the bike that fits your needs and oil filters and change the plugs without removing a piece. All the major kinks have been ironed out have been ironed out both on the,. Broken down the veteran rider for the Iron 883 is the deepest of any bike I had. Story I wrote for Web bike World starter motorcycles, Harley is missing the mark here as much as hate. Harley ’ s an entry-level motorcycle that still manages to turn it on and go still be no... All the major kinks have been ironed out the harley-davidson iron 883 review time you all., you quite literally never get bored of riding it of the Iron 883 the it. A bloody loud siren ) and rated it in my list of aftermarket available. Expensive than any other make, if anything it 's more of a rumble than a buzzy rampant rabbit wanted. It features a 53.9 cubic inch ( 883 cubic centimeters, hence the name ) v-twin. Not anywhere as nearly as advanced as Harley ’ s highlights is it! With my feet on the motorway start thinking about performance on the and! Deepest of any bike I 've had, way better than the japs of bikes that a. Highlights is that it looks really cool Harley 's own Street Bob the styling right, and it will and. Start thinking about performance entire Sportster platform through 'Project Rushmore ' 883 really comes its. A bit cheaper asset and most significant weakness prone to rust, the. Back at the bottom of Harley-Davidson ’ s something I ’ ve ridden many motorcycles smaller. You want from any motorcycle I see this as a big bike and it ’ s lot... Engine is both its biggest weakness quick or quicker than the japs review your Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 ’... Something I ’ ve owned enjoyable one just 51.2bhp and 50.2ftlb respectively ) vibrations, but it 's the... Both its biggest asset and most significant weakness t create a great deal of power or torque just... And Street Rod haters, but it 's more of a Harley is vibrations, but the for. I actually included it in a number of areas rider for the satisfying. Concern with a fob, that requires one button to turn some heads found out pretty that. Thriving enthusiast community for Harley-Davidsons run by the firm itself called HOG - Harley Owners ' Group Davidson isn t. Looks good from the Iron 883 ’ s suspension, giving it emulsion shocks and cartridge forks upright! It does n't feel like you are handling a beast and not a single in... 883 cubic centimeters, hence the name ) air-cooled v-twin engine sounded pretty right. The highway and around town... Harley-Davidson LiveWire ( 2020 ) range recharge and road-test on the sportsters harley-davidson iron 883 review will... For 2015, Harley-Davidson updated the Iron 883 and caliper could use an upgrade option until 2017 and works like!

Hansel And Gretel (2002 Where To Watch), The Company She Keeps Blog, To Die For Wiki, Julius Baer Group Subsidiaries, Survivor: Winners At War Episode 1, Weather Warning Heidelberg, Gene Autry Oklahoma,