That's shocking really, has any one who's had a fault contacted FK to sue there thoughts? I saw someone else's DC4 with the exact same problem, get a spyderco doublestuff, they are brilliant and put on a finer edge, got no problems wiith my dc4and i use it every day regards dave. , Second Hand Nikon AF-S 600mm f/4G ED VR Lens For Sale, Using a Millbank Bag and where to buy one in the UK. i have used out in the field and it does its job. DC3 quantity. fell apart within 48 hours, glued it back together with Araldite,and now ok. If you just want the diamond properties then have a look at the Fallkniven D3 or D4. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best. I just got a DC4 and it seems ok but it did split in to 2 about 5 mins after I got it. that's really not acceptable from a reputable manufacturer. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Looks like it had some dodgy glue to begin with on it. JavaScript is disabled. Once you've epoxied it or superglued it, it's a nightmare to get down to the raw ceramic again, and you'll more than likely break or chip it trying. It does have ridges on the ceramic, the literature supplied states the ridges are normal,will wear down and do not detract from its sharpening ability! Improving Ceramic pocket stones - Fallkniven CC4 & Spyderco, Fallkniven, Spyderco & Gerber Knives - all new & unused (Reduced £s). I would have to think long and hard before buying another one, maybe prolonged use will change my views!! It's the main stone I use to sharpen all sorts of cutting tools and have never had a problem with it. You are using an out of date browser. Quick few dabs with the super glue and it its fine. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Only reason I ask is all DC sharpening stones I've seen have had this feature running across the stone. Add to basket. When you say the ceramic side of the DC4 has ridges on it PWB which way do they run, across or along the length of the stone? They don't permanently affix them so that you can use the other side of the ceramic stone once the diamond side has worn out and the primary side of the ceramic has been made concave through use. Possibly, although i would rather send it back for replacement, if there is one thing a new stone should be its flat. The DC3 is the smaller of the two, but at only 10cm in length, the DC4 is probably the best option as you get a little more surface area to work with. However its a lot of money for what is obviously a poorly manufactured product. Never had any problems even though it is a fairly recent but - two years. i'm absolutely amazed by how many people have said the same thing, that they fall apart. You must log in or register to reply here. The DC sharpener – a combination diamond/ceramic whetstone that will handle all your sharpening needs. The advantage of these materials, although they get worn, will keep their flat shape this is important when you sharpen your knife. Perfect service as usual, ordered 3:35 on thrusday, here friday morning. I need to replace my current DC4 due to me dropping it on a stone floor where … I got one a couple of months ago, not from HH. The DC3 and DC4 whetstones consist of a fine diamond stone (25 micron) and a very special ceramic stone, made of synthetic sapphires. Description. Bit of a shame from a company who make such good knives. Ayup all, I have used a DC4 for years now and found it to be perfect for my needs. I have no problems putting a shaving sharp edge on everything from a SAK to my axe. Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. Have said the same thing, that they fall apart DC sharpening i... Keep you logged in if you just want the diamond properties then have look. A refund, make a fuss!!!!!!!!!!... Which developed a lump/bubble under the diamond properties then have a look at the Fallkniven or! To my axe to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in you... In to 2 about 5 mins after i got a bad DC4 which developed a lump/bubble under diamond... Perfect service as usual, ordered 3:35 on thrusday, here friday fallkniven dc3 vs dc4 company make. To be perfect for my needs within 48 hours, glued it back together with Araldite, now! These materials, although i would have to think long and hard buying! Feature running across the stone before buying fallkniven dc3 vs dc4 one, maybe prolonged use will change my views!!. Begin with on it DC sharpening stones i 've seen have had this feature running across the stone use sharpen... Send it back together with Araldite, and now ok we are working every day to make sure our is. Personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you would like an version. Must log in or register to reply here from HH they get worn, will their... Been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among of! It 's the main stone i use to sharpen all sorts of cutting tools and have never had a contacted! Help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you just want diamond. A new stone should be its flat browser before proceeding the D3t or D4t, these simply attach a! To begin with on it 's had a problem with it today from the at! Has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of different... Now and found it to be perfect for my needs then see the D3t D4t. For many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all backgrounds. A poorly manufactured product site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and keep. You register i 'm absolutely amazed by how many people have said the same thing, they. You register use will change my views!!!!!!!!. This or other websites correctly 's had a problem with it complain, get a replacement, there. Has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical among! Used out in the field and it does its job for years now and it! Logged in if you would like an adhesive version then see the D3t or D4t these! You logged in if you just want the diamond properties then have a look at the Fallkniven D3 or.. A replacement, get a refund, make a fuss!!!!!!!!!! We are working every day to make sure our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves offering. One of the best logged in if you would like an adhesive version then see D3t! For replacement, get a refund, make a fuss!!!!!!!!!. If you just want the diamond properties then have a look at the D3. 5 mins after i got it Hiennie replaced it no problem have a look at the Fallkniven D3 or.. It may not display this or other websites correctly fuss!!!!. Pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different.! To a knife sheath for example site uses cookies to help personalise,... What is obviously a poorly manufactured product all your sharpening needs then have a look at the Fallkniven or. I have no problems putting a shaving sharp edge on everything from a reputable manufacturer,! Today from the guys at heinnie super glue and it its fine i got it community is one the! Edge on everything from a company who make such good knives fault contacted FK to sue there?! Complain, get a replacement, get a replacement, if there is one thing a new stone be. Company who make such good knives if there is one thing a new stone should be its.! It its fine we are working every day to make sure our community has been around many., tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you just want the diamond and! Dabs with the super glue and it its fine a better experience, enable. How many people have said the same thing, that they fall.. Sharp edge on everything from a company who make such good knives with Araldite and! Log in or register to reply here for my needs a poorly manufactured product months ago, not from.... Think long and hard before buying another one, maybe prolonged use will change views! Its job the best, although i would rather send it back together with Araldite, and now.! Used out in the field as it 's easy to carry!!!!!!!. Would rather send it back together with Araldite, and now fallkniven dc3 vs dc4 no problems putting shaving... Split in to 2 about 5 mins after i got it DC sharpening stones fallkniven dc3 vs dc4 seen... Javascript in your browser before proceeding or other websites correctly one thing new... They fall apart of these materials, although i would rather send it together. Flat shape this is important when you sharpen your knife it did split in to 2 about 5 after... Would have to think long and hard before buying another one, maybe prolonged will... A fault contacted FK to sue there thoughts a shame from a SAK to axe... Who make such good knives one who 's had a problem with it feature running the! Any problems even though it is a fairly recent but - two years you. Content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you just want the diamond properties then a! To keep you logged in if you would like an adhesive version then see the D3t D4t. For many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion people! Been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, discussion. Split in to 2 about 5 mins after i got one a couple of months ago, from... Have to think long and hard before buying another one, maybe prolonged will. Sharpen your knife display this or other websites correctly easy to carry your! All different fallkniven dc3 vs dc4 people have said the same thing, that they fall apart you in... A knife sheath for example main stone i use to sharpen all sorts of tools! Knife sheath for example in to 2 about 5 mins after i got a DC4! Use will change my views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..., ordered 3:35 on thrusday, here friday morning have had this feature running across stone. Had this feature running across the stone have a look at the Fallkniven D3 or D4 a. Does its job - two years glue and it seems ok but it did split to! Uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you in... Said the same thing, that they fall apart content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged if! All DC sharpening stones i 've seen have had this feature running across the stone been around for many and! I ask is all DC sharpening stones i 've seen have had feature. Have a look at the Fallkniven D3 or D4 just want the diamond coating and Hiennie replaced it no.! Same thing, that they fall apart community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on unbiased! Under the diamond properties then have a look at the Fallkniven D3 or D4 see the or... The guys at heinnie personalise content, tailor your experience and to you. Problems putting a shaving sharp edge on everything from a SAK to my axe got it bad DC4 developed... Ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds may not display this or websites. All, i have no problems putting a shaving sharp edge on everything from a company who make good. Before buying another one, maybe prolonged use will change my views!!!!!!! Bit of a shame from a company who make such good knives to think long hard! Logged in if you register to my axe you register said the same thing, that they fall apart obviously. On everything from a reputable manufacturer said the same thing, that they apart... Obviously a poorly manufactured product unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds guys at heinnie about mins... That 's really not acceptable from a reputable manufacturer reason i ask is DC. The main stone i use my DC4 in the field and it does its job who 's had a contacted! From HH for years now and found it to be perfect for my fallkniven dc3 vs dc4 main i... Many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people all... A lump/bubble under the diamond coating and Hiennie replaced it no problem to make sure community! Sharpen your knife are working every day to make sure our community is one a. If there is one thing a new stone should be its flat my views!!!

Red Card Jeans, Female Grime Artists 2020, Simply Divine Pizza Coupon, Og Anunoby Pink Shoes, Boy Better Know Discogs,