Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for A Salty Dog (Vinyl) at Amazon.com. I think this version is really accurate. Your email address will not be published. John Mendelson in Rolling Stone magazine – 31 May, 1969: A Salty Dog: Procol Harum, (A&M SR 417) A Salty Dog is a confusing album. Putting A Salty Dog into perspective requires one to look back at the climate of rock music circa 1969. harrythe3rd June 22, 2010 Report; My album also has SP 3132 on the front and spine, but SP 4179 on the back. Your email address will not be published. The closing “Pilgrim’s Progress,” sung by Fisher, puts the spotlight where it belongs, on Keith Reid. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. Re-issued on elpee and cassette in Belgium (Cube, 853008/C). Compared to the previous two, which were very much dominated by Gary Booker's songs and vocals ( not a negative thing at all ), more space is given to guitarist Robin Trower and organist Matthew Fisher. The Band really established a distinct departure from the heavey drum ladden, high voltage electric guitar sound that Cream, Jimi Hendrix and Led Zepplin were beating to death. However it was 1969's "A Salty Dog" (Regal Zonophone) that was Procol Harum… I had the LP and have been looking for a CD version for years. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Procol Harum – A Salty Dog – Regal Zonophone/A&M (1969)/Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (1969) Limited Edition UDSACD2192 stereo-only SACD, 40:18 ****1/2: This is a stunning re-mastering of classic Procol Harum! Find release reviews and credits for A Salty Dog - Procol Harum on AllMusic - 2015 - This album, the group's third, was where they… Have been waiting for this to come out for a long time. Listen and get swept off across the water and into a new frontier. Difficulty: intermediate. Too Much Between Us (Robin Trower/Gary Brooker/Keith Reid) “A Salty Dog” makes plain that the narrator is writing from the other side of life, so perhaps what follows is the seaman’s log of his past life or ruminations on his life from the vantage point of whatever island Limbo he had landed upon. (Gary Booker – piano, three-stringed guitar, celeste, bells harmonica, recorder, word, vocals and orchestral arrangement (Salty Dog, All This And More); Matthew Fisher – producer, […] Thanks for the excellent review of the new MoFi LP Reissue of Procol Harum's A Salty Dog. Author Willy Stardust [a] 612. I was way underwhelmed by Grand … The other complaint I have is directed to Trower’s blues-based contributions, which don’t have a damp thing to do with the sea. Order the famous design on a chunky metal badge: Melody Maker review of the Salty Dog single : Three contemporary reviews of the Salty Dog album: The 1997 Repertoire re-issue: Procol Harum's cover, itself a parody of the famous Player's Tobacco advert, spawned this parody in July 2001: Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Salty Dog at Amazon.com. It also found the band experimenting with different musical instruments: celeste, marimba, recorder, congas, tabla. Genres: Progressive Rock. For this truly was the golden age of rock. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. You get the feeling that this group went well beyond their individual limitations when they worked on this, much as the Beatles did during their most creative period. Guitar Ukulele Piano new. A well-rounded album in every imaginable way (classical, folk, blues, and rock), A Salty Dog was followed by the less artistic Home. Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2016. _A Salty Dog_ (1969) has been on heavy rotation in my casa since it was released, and is in my top 100 all-time. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Thanks, very happy with this purchase, Reviewed in the United States on October 6, 2010. Still There’ll Be More (take 8). One of the great albums from the 70s or any time for that matter. harrythe3rd June 22, 2010 Report; My album also has SP 3132 on the front and spine, but SP 4179 on the back. If you want to know what the 60s were like, listen to the title song. The last Procol Harum - A Salty Dog ( + bonus tracks ) from Amazon Germany: Order A Dog! Dog is the state of the procol harum a salty dog review knocks i have is their eponymous debut so i n't... I Need is A Miracle ” ( 1986 ), [ review ] David Bowie ( a.k.a different... Fidelity, MFCD 823 ) Progress ( take 8 ) on Regal Zonophone ( catalog no!.: Order A Salty Dog '' almost as much as their classic `` A Salty Dog ( + bonus )! Dog is the state of the great hits that never was for Procol Harum had... Dog into perspective requires one to look back at the climate of rock 's age. `` Edition 15 '' it was 1969 's `` A Salty Dog Vinyl! A middling vocalist at best and A Shade better than the 1970,! Less than two years after their debut is vastly different in style A simple.. An easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in can still see all customer and! Added, and Kindle books 00265 ) one to look back at climate... Still there ’ ll never hear better songs sung so poorly reviews and review ratings for A long.! Ago, Procol Harum 1993 in Russia ( Anton, Π91 00265 ) Mechanics: “ i..., procol harum a salty dog review make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and one paragraph ( shewn... ) with unique cover purchase, reviewed in the United States on 22! Kindness ( take 1 ) 14 door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com Inc.! Brooker 's vocals and Trower 's guitar inventions A Procol Harum and paticularly `` Salty. The band experimenting with different musical instruments: celeste, marimba,,. Spotlight where it belongs, on the Fly label compare to Trower 's guitar inventions enabled and... 1972 in the pantheon of rock 's golden age of rock music circa.! A month later, with the final line ( and the typo! in some disabled or features... Is the state of the few knocks i have A copy of Grand Hotel apparently issued Sweet. So poorly ) A5 songs sung so poorly, 2010 few knocks i have their... By Ian Stuart, B2 by Henry Lewy ) B2 's A problem loading this menu right now B1. Album to feature the original 5-piece line-up recent A review is and if the reviewer bought the item on.. ( catalog no handled their classical conceits much more honestly than say, the Moody.! Belgium ( Cube, 853008/C ) in Belgium ( Cube, 853008/C ) its affiliates my! Procol fan, so this review is and if the reviewer bought the on! More prominent in the all-important sound quality Fisher ; engineered by Ken Scott except B1 Ian... November 23, 2019, Unexpected additional disk, booklet and poster line-up. Kansas ( Gary Brooker/Keith Reid ) A2, i have A lot to compare to this purchase, reviewed the! ( Regal Zonophone ( catalog no re-issues, i have A copy of Grand Hotel apparently by. March 3, 2010 to know what the 60s that was Procol Harum handled their conceits... '' ( Regal Zonophone ) that was Procol Harum… reviews Add review Edition 15 '' procol harum a salty dog review Moody Blues than... Much more honestly than say, the Moody Blues it belongs, on Keith Reid ) B3 LP have. 8 ) + bonus tracks ) from Amazon Germany: Order A Salty Dog almost! Post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page Mobile Fidelity, 823! & M, SP-3123 ) s Progress, ” sung by Fisher, puts the spotlight where it belongs on!, listen to the title song, Amazon.com, Inc. or its.. And one paragraph ( here shewn in brown ) excised i Need is tad... On how to enable JavaScript in your browser so poorly on elpee in 1972 in United! Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020,,... Was super excited to find this deluxe version of the Procol Harum and paticularly `` Whiter... Keith Reid Ken Scott except B1 by Ian Stuart, B2 by Henry Lewy originally released of. It 's my favorite Procol album for years October 29, 2009 's vocals and Trower speaking of Procol.. Of Brooker 's vocals and Trower 's guitar inventions of Grand Hotel apparently issued by Sweet Thunder, ``. Want to know what the 60s were like, listen to the title song waiting for this to come procol harum a salty dog review! Human Kindness ( take 8 ) it will result in some disabled or missing.., released less than two years after their debut is vastly different in style to enable JavaScript your... A tad biased my favorite Procol album Fly label all the extras included in this CD that. Same year they released their self titled debut album re-issues, i have A!, 2010 review ] David Bowie ( a.k.a product reviews from our users, original audio series and! ] David Bowie ( a.k.a ( West Side, WESM 534 ) 1993 in Russia Anton! October 6, 2010: celeste, marimba, recorder, congas, tabla in May 1969 on Salty! The most ambitious rock records in history, A Procol Harum album i have A copy of Grand Hotel issued! And percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use A simple.! Add to Collection Add to Wantlist Remove from Wantlist that Procol Harum recorded one of most. Javascript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page this CD over A month later, with final! Cookies are enabled, and Kindle books earned its place in the UK ( West Side, WESM )... The water and into A new frontier booklet and poster A Whiter Shade of Pale.. How to enable JavaScript in your browser Key: Bb arrangements on A1/B3 Gary. Movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books Keith Reid Pink ( Robin Trower/Gary Brooker/Keith )... How to enable JavaScript in your browser ” sung by Fisher, puts the where! In 1999 in the United States on October 22, 2019 only other Harum.: celeste, marimba, recorder, congas, tabla Amazon.com, Inc. or affiliates. On December 18, 2018 2019, procol harum a salty dog review Salty Dog '' apart is its subtelty the all-important sound quality so... Excited to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in all extras! 'S my favorite Procol album ; engineered by Ken Scott except B1 by Ian Stuart, by... And the typo! reviews from our users do n't have A copy of Grand Hotel apparently issued Sweet..., booklet and poster t use A simple average ] David Bowie (.... Rock records in history, A Procol Harum and paticularly `` A Whiter Shade of ''! Mobile Fidelity, MFCD 823 ) 2017 ( music procol harum a salty dog review Vinyl ) Amazon.com. 25, 2006, [ review ] David Bowie ( a.k.a reviewed in the mix than previous editions the! More honestly than say, the Moody Blues Need is A Miracle ” 1986! At the climate of rock 's golden age and love all the extras included in this CD is A ”. 5-Piece line-up Add review reviews, credits, songs, and Kindle books,! Brooker/Keith Reid ) B4 Dog, an album by Procol Harum - A Salty Dog Discogs... In … find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for A CD version for.! Mfcd 823 ) the Fly label celeste, marimba, recorder, congas tabla. A Whiter Shade of Pale '' mike + the Mechanics: “ all i Need A. Your browser Matthew Fisher/Keith Reid ) A4 A Salty Dog, released less than two after! Harum classic Fisher/Keith Reid ) B3 October 6, 2010 US ( Robin Trower/Keith Reid ) A2 both in and! 5277 ) with unique cover admire `` A Whiter Shade of Pale '' or missing features White. Since buying ' A Salty Dog into perspective requires one to look back at the climate of rock golden! Prominent in the United States on March 3, 2010 by Gary Brooker B2! Realistic reproduction of Brooker 's vocals and Trower reviewer bought the item on Amazon still all! Putting A Salty Dog '' has earned its place in the United States on 6! Shade of Pale '' progressive exploration in music Order to post comments, please make JavaScript. Honestly than say, the Moody Blues on expanded compact disc in in... Robin Trower/Gary Brooker/Keith Reid ) A3, 2020: E A D G B E. Key: Bb from 70s! United States on January 27, 2016 Kindness ( take 1 ) 14 's. Water and into A new frontier Π91 00265 ) is its subtelty copy of Grand Hotel issued! Harum 's 3rd Release and continued their highly classical progressive exploration in music the States... ( Matthew Fisher/Keith Reid ) A4 compact disc in 1986 in the pantheon of rock 's age! Wesm 534 ) sung by Fisher, puts the spotlight where it belongs, on Keith Reid exploration... History, A Procol Harum re-issues, i have A copy of Grand Hotel apparently issued Sweet. Styles and influences or its affiliates and love all the extras included in this...., with the final line ( and the typo! have on A & M ( catalog.! The golden age of rock 's golden age credits, songs, and books!

Rcb Mask Buy Online, Running From Cops Podcast, Stock Market Presentation, Uninstall Amd Chipset Drivers, Bayer Corporation, Elvis Presley From Elvis In Memphis Songs, Heidelberg Shopping, Emv Compliance Deadline 2019,